Founded in 1946, P&E Constructors has cultivated a long history of reliable and innovative service to industrial clients nationwide.
Transparent, reliable & proactive—since 1946
The Farnham family began the Piping & Equipment Company in 1946, as a union-signatory, self-performing mechanical contractor focused on heavy industrial construction. For more than seven decades, the company has been expanding its capabilities, markets and horizons, all from its homebase in Wichita, Kansas.
Purchased by the Wadsworth family in 2002, P&E Constructors was family-owned for its first 60 years. In 2016, ownership was transferred to P&E’s employees, through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
P&E has remained loyal to its original values, even as its business has grown, and its names have changed. Committed and hard-working, passionate, humbly confident and caring, P&E Constructors will continue to deliver safe, reliable project execution services for the full range of industry clients.
Important Recent P&E Constructors Events:
- January 2016: P&E Constructors becomes an ESOP.
- 2020: P&E Solutions is created to provide complete project solutions for heavy industrial clients.
- 2020: P&E Business Services is created to deliver innovative back-office support for the P&E Constructors family of companies.
- December 30, 2020: P&E Company acquires Total Electric to bring union electrical services to its industrial clients.
- 2022: Moved into our newly built Corporate Offices.
Subscribe to P&E Constructors News