In early 2022, P&E Solutions began an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) project to help a leading dairy farm producer Zahn’s Farm near Gillett, WI convert cow manure into renewable natural gas (RNG). Partnering with Aerogy, P&E Solutions will install an anaerobic digester (AD) geared to handle manure created by 8,000 head of dairy cows to produce over 200,000 MMBTu of RNG per year. It’s expected to yield some of the highest biogas per cow figures in the market. All the while, the system will reduce the amount of methane released into the atmosphere and clean the discharge water created by the farm.
The innovative project also includes a fiber building, biogas processing equipment, gas compression equipment, fiber separation equipment, fiber dryer equipment, and various pumps. The team is currently laying the foundation for the fiber building and clearing way for the digester. Project Manager Justin Swiler and Construction Manager Steve Ellis project April 2023 to be the finished project date.
As of July 2022, P&E has completed several parts of the project:
- The foundations and interior concrete on the Fiber Separation Building
- The floor for the digester
- The foundations for the Biogas Process building
- Underground piping is nearly 35% complete as well.
August will bring more updates, including:
- Setting the steel and CMU block on the Fiber Building
- Continuing progress on the Biogas Process building
- Adding rebar for the digester walls
- Underground piping will continue as space is available.
We have begun receiving equipment and equipment installation will begin once the buildings are ready.